Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sleepmates

So...I pulled this out of Female Handler's sent emails this morning:

The flannel sheets are on your bed! The good news is when I asked Mum to bring the flannel sheets last summer (our summer), she brought the ones for the full size bed, and not the ones for the queen. So you guys get to use the flannel sheets and if necessary, we’ll crawl in bed with you! The temps are dipping into the 30s next week, but will rise a bit for the week that you’re here (fyi, there is no such thing as “central heat” in any house or building in Uruguay, and our ambient heat is exclusively wood from either the wood stove or the fireplace) . There are 7 layers on your bed (including the sheet) so I think you’ll be good. Plus I put a small fleece throw on there just in case Shawn is still cold. We bought some wool yesterday and I’m embellishing them slightly and making them into throws for the living room for sitting around the fire. If necessary, we’ll bring the kids in, and Shawn can sit between them. Their coats are heavenly right now. Timi’s is about 2” thick. Bill, you might draw the line with Shawn’s desire to bring Timi to bed with her…I’m just saying….someone’s going to get hurt if she insists.


Hold on to your goats Ms Martha. If any four legged creature is brought to bed, it's most definitely going to be me. Flannel...how long have I been howling for those sheets and now you put them on the bedroom that's closed up most of the time.

Let us do a simple comparison on heavenly coats.

Timida's coat:

My coat:

I could rest my case on that alone, but let me just add that I do not have 6" horns to contend with. I will lull the family to sleep with my purr.

1 comment:

  1. Tough choice! They both look so comfy but Ricky has some very convincing arguments.

    ReplyDelete