Friday, August 15, 2014

Visitors

Basically I don’t like visitors. It takes me a good 3 days to warm up to them. Keika, on the other hand, becomes all loving and welcoming which is the antithesis of her normal behavior.

We had some Turks in to see the farm two weeks ago (it’s a long way to move, but according to them, things are deteriorating fast there). The Handlers genuinely liked them so much, they invited them to lunch. Prior to their arrival, I was in my normal spot, on the couch hashing through my plan to snare a couple Tucu Tucus in the evening. Yes, my eyelids were shut, but the mind never stops! Upon hearing strange voices, I took refuge under the Handlers’ bed and stayed there for a good 3 hours until the visitors left.

Then last Saturday we had some Porteños (Argentinians who live in the port city of Buenos Aires) in to see the farm through the real estate company.  Apparently things across the river are deteriorating at an exponential rate that they fear for their lives just in the act of parking their cars in the evening in their own carports in that minutes that they might be exposed to intruders when the iron security gates open. What a different set of circumstances separate life there to life here. Plus I bet there are no free range Tucu Tucus

Then after the Porteños left, the Turks were back for a social visit.

I’m getting to know the details of the underside of the box-spring foundation a little too well these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment