Saturday, March 31, 2012

Freelancer


Miss me?

I’m cracking the whip this weekend. I can only do so much with paws and cranking on this blog is tough without some help.

We had a visitor not too long ago.

The story has it that the Handlers were taking a Sunday walk up the Camino. At their turn-around point to head back home they encountered a beast sitting in the road as if waiting for the next bus into town. Female Handler (FH) was smitten from the first tail wag. Male Handler (MH) was wary.  

The beast followed them home and decided to hang around for a bit.

I was not happy about this situation. It definitely hindered my outdoor activities.


Even the goats were cautious. You can tell by Tontin’s Mohawk (his attempt to make his little goat body look bigger than it really is--something I can well relate to).


I ended up in a tree for about 45 minutes one evening because of that beast. Coming down wasn't much fun.


Finally by the evening of the third day, MH accepted the beast as a new member of the family. He even fed it. But the next morning the beast was gone. For the next week, FH would look out on the horizon searching  …. but he never did return. MH said he must’ve been a “freelancer”.
  
Freelancer or not, he sure quieted the goats down while he was here. They were on their best behavior. I'll even admit...that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment