Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Good Week


The Handlers are overjoyed that I finally figured out how to go back outside to do my “stuff”. While I realize that I did that for over 8 years before, without any encouragement, this southern move and the availability of a box just made it easier to go in the bathroom where it was located. But with the passing of Mo, they’ve been ridiculously stubborn about this, and now I can’t find the box.

Keika actually was the one who showed me the possibilities. I was used to the soft moist soil under the vinca at our old house that was easy to dig into. Here….it’s grass of varying lengths depending on when the last time Negra (the cow) was there. Digging a hole isn’t really a possibility, so we sort of do a marginal effort to cover our “stuff” with dried grass, bark, whatever is within pawing distance. Sometimes I just don’t even bother…I mean, “what the hey” as our old neighbor used to say…

While female handler (FH) has been researching cat food recipes from veterinarians consisting of fresh chicken, beef and rabbits, I took matters into my own hands and just caught myself one…

A rabbit that is…

Let me just say, they are freaking huge here! The size of medium size dog. Enough to feed a family of 7 for a week. I will remind everyone that I am a Maine Coon, so hunting is in my bloodline. But I am on the smaller end of the growth chart so the likelihood of  ever capturing an adult hare rabbit is not high. The younger ones are definitely in the realm of possibilities.

I’ll just post one picture because we might have a sensitive viewing audience. 

I'll also mention that eyeballs and intestines of any animal I bring home are not my favorite. I have always deposited these pieces aside on the door mat. Sometimes I might accidently put them on FH’s outdoor sandals (she really should look at what she puts her feet into before she just does it).

Finally, the other news to share is that we’re moving again. This time it is to that house the handlers bought back in June! They are timing it for early Thursday morning such that Keika and I have some time to explore around the house and perhaps venture outside by the afternoon (to do our stuff) before the sun sets around 6:30pm. This is quite exciting. I feel pretty good about this. When I see them finally unpack their suitcases (which they have not done at all), then I know…we’re staying and I can call this place “home”.

No comments:

Post a Comment