Saturday, June 25, 2011

Are we there yet?

So I do believe our time in the high rise is winding down. The Handlers all seem to be checking drawers and picking up their stuff. And they are buying more stuff. Nothing for me that I can see, but stuff to make their lives easier….sheets, towels, pots and pans…and a coffee maker. Female Handler commented that it was the same size as the one she gave away in the yard sale in April…that she bought 28 years ago. I don’t want to point out the obvious…but I will: Well then, why did you give it away then?


Regarding this potential move, the questions that eat at me are:
1. where are we going?
2. will it be a long trip?
….because I am DONE with long trips.

We’ve had some pretty wicked storms at night. Back at the old house, I used to go to the interior bathroom and wait out storms. It just felt safer. The interior bathroom in the apartment here in Colonia has a large vent to an interior chimney/chase. So hanging in the bathroom with the wind howling through there really doesn’t sound any safer than any other room in the apartment. So I end up staying on my warm indentation that I’ve created on the futon couch and cover my ears. But my eyes are peeled at the window, and this is what I see out in front of me over the bay…






Shazaaaam! If I were wearing britches, I surely would have soiled them! Instead....I did leave a little wet spot on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment